Ishimaru Design
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  <hr /><hr />  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

advice about some users

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve
Professional
Steve

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-02-14

Member's score

advice about some users Empty
PostSubject: advice about some users   advice about some users EmptyMon May 14, 2007 8:55 am

today someone send me a pm on my forum say some hackers has join my forum.

they go around taking down forums and hack other people account and make trouble.

what should i do block them or wait for them to do something.
Back to top Go down
Ishimaru Chiaki
ID Admin
ID Admin
Ishimaru Chiaki

Female
Number of posts : 1576
Image edition softwares : The GIMP
Registration date : 2006-12-15

Member's score

PostSubject: Re: advice about some users   advice about some users EmptyMon May 14, 2007 3:35 pm

Ban them, without deleting their account, and keep all the proofs (messages, IP addresses, email address, etc.). If they continue to act like this, you can eventuelly report abuse to their ISP.

About finding the ISP from an IP address, you can use these following websites for researches :

Arrow http://www.ip-adress.com
Arrow https://ipgetinfo.com

As long as you follow the security advices and ensure your mailbox is well protected (you can change the password and the secret question to make them harder to find + be careful to suspicious links or attached files), the risks of having your board hacked are low. If you have other admins and moderators, they have to follow the same advices. Be even more careful if your email address is a Hotmail.
Back to top Go down
http://support.topic-ideas.com
internet677~
Regular
internet677~

Number of posts : 70
Image edition softwares : Macromedia Studio 8, PhotoFiltre, Photoshop CS3 and CS2, microsoft powerpoint, MWSnap300, Paint
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Member's score

PostSubject: Re: advice about some users   advice about some users EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 4:04 am

Shocked WHHAT? omg i am hotmail!
Back to top Go down
Blood
Manga Graph
Blood

Male
Number of posts : 1152
Image edition softwares : Paint & The Gimp
Registration date : 2007-01-06

Member's score

PostSubject: Re: advice about some users   advice about some users EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 9:35 am

It's been wellknown that hotmail is the worst in termsof safety lol!

But may I re-assure you:
I had a hotmail from 10 years old until afew month ago, witha pssword which was considered lowest level (no caps, no numbers, 5 letters)
=> No one ever got in Wink

For those who want to try now: It's got the whole set advice about some users Redface
Back to top Go down
internet677~
Regular
internet677~

Image edition softwares : Macromedia Studio 8, PhotoFiltre, Photoshop CS3 and CS2, microsoft powerpoint, MWSnap300, Paint

Member's score

PostSubject: Re: advice about some users   advice about some users EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 10:02 am

ok oh and blood when i tried to update my profile it says i cant register on this fourm and everything turned back the same, can you help?
Back to top Go down
internet677~
Regular
internet677~

Member's score

PostSubject: Re: advice about some users   advice about some users EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 10:23 am

ok i figured it out
Back to top Go down
internet677~
Regular
internet677~

Member's score

PostSubject: Re: advice about some users   advice about some users EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 10:40 am

ok i jsut cant post in general chat and the other topics
Back to top Go down
Blood
Manga Graph
Blood

Male
Number of posts : 1152
Image edition softwares : Paint & The Gimp
Registration date : 2007-01-06

Member's score

PostSubject: Re: advice about some users   advice about some users EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 1:19 pm

You got to wait or Katt or another Adin to put you in the group that allows you to Wink

P.S: Multi-posting isn't allowed, please use the edit button Wink
Back to top Go down
internet677~
Regular
internet677~

Member's score

PostSubject: Re: advice about some users   advice about some users EmptySat Aug 25, 2007 7:03 am

ok sorry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: advice about some users   advice about some users Empty

Back to top Go down

advice about some users
Page 1 of 1